Easton takes the spoils in Croft Race One
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Croft, by Zoe Burn and Mic Archbold
STUART Easton took an easy win in today's opening BSB race at Croft Circuit.
The Hawick rider led from the first corner in the opening race of the day, after getting a quick getaway at the green light from third on the grid.
Meanwhile championship elect Leon Camier finished an impressive sixth, despite dropping back to dead last after riding off the track in the early part of the race.
Camier, who had taken Pole with what appeared to be little effort yesterday afternoon, had made his usual bad start, and was running sixth at the end of lap two.
As he attempted to make a pass on the Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha of Chris Walker he ran out of track space and was forced onto the grass. He was able to keep his bike upright and rejoined the race at the very back.
Meanwhile up at the front, Easton was away with HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes close behind. However by Lap Four, a charging James Ellison had moved up to second place. Despite his best efforts, he was unable to make any further progress and Easton took an easy win.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli, Croft, race one result:
1. Stuart Easton (Hydrex Honda)
2. James Ellison (Airwaves Yamaha) +0.359s
3. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +10.216s
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +10.967s
5. Ian Lowry (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +19.612s
6. Leon Camier (Airwaves Yamaha) +21.436s
7. Tommy Hill (Hydrex Honda) +22.380s
8. Gary Mason (Quay Garage Honda) +25.776s
9. Julien Da Costa (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +31.236s
10. Graeme Gowland (Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha) +31.750s